Sunday, October 31, 2010

Shopping with Rosie

This Sunday turned out to be colder than it has been for months so going to a park was out of the question. No worries though, we had a back-up plan. Take our lunch to the food court in the mall and go window shopping afterwards! But, first we were off to church.


This view really puts the "early" into "the early service"...
After lunch we "shopped" in teams. I put that in quotes because most of the teams did not actually purchase anything. Rosie and I were a team to start with. Here she models a super cute hat in Justice.

I still distinctly recall the day I introduced Rosie to shoe shopping. She must have been only about 18 months old and I was entertaining her while other people shopped. I took her to the shoe department and started putting cute little toddler shoes on her. I saw this star-struck look come over her face and she has never been the same since.



She is pretty good at shoe shopping now. The clerk asked us if we needed any help finding things and I told him no, we were doing just fine.... :D He did seem a tad hestitant to ask since I was sitting on the bench giving my opinions while Rosie chose and tried on each shoe. Not exactly what it normally looks like when a six year old is getting new shoes. I think he figured out pretty quickly we were just having fun.



After a while, Rosie traded places with John and he became my new shopping buddy. We played "I Spy" and looked in more stores. John also has quite the taste in footwear. Here he points out his favorite on this display.



What was I thinking? I mean, really...

We literally shopped until we dropped. I think almost everyone except for Dad and Becca fell asleep on the way home. Another fun afternoon to put in the memory banks!

2 comments:

  1. "Here he points out his favorite on this display."

    John, you are so cute!

    Rosie, I am glad you like shoe shopping. Now I like you even more. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE IT!!!!! I wanna do that too....Emily I want to shop with you!!!!

    ReplyDelete