The "after" picture. He did not like it... Just kidding. :D
Saturday, October 16, 2010
More Hair...
John came to me last Sunday morning, in the flurry of getting everyone ready for church to ask if I could give him a haircut. I told him yes, but not right then. We finally got it done yesterday. I am not the best hair cutter, in fact I have a rather short and sorrowful past when it comes to cutting hair, and the recent temporary demise of the buzzer really put me out of the hair cutting world. I finally learned how to do it with scissors on a very patient Benjamin a few months back, and got to try again on John. I asked him what we would do if it turned out looking awful and he said, "We can just do it again!"
The "before" picture.
He was very patient. Hillary started the tradition of little boys who are well behaved getting a candy afterwards. I think he was thinking about that candy the whole time...
It did not take very long for me to remember that keeping the comb in my mouth was not the best idea. Pockets work better.

The "after" picture. He did not like it... Just kidding. :D
He loved it. Or so he said! After a whole day trying it out I decided to trim the sides some more and asked how John felt about going under the cape again. Much to my surprise, he jumped right up on the chair and was very patient while I worked on the hair by his ears. When I was almost done he reminded me, "You know, when little boys are good during haircuts, they get a candy, right??" Good thing we have all those lollipops....
The "after" picture. He did not like it... Just kidding. :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Haha! Haircuts are excellent character melding experiences for little boys, if my observations are not very incorrect.
ReplyDeleteWay to go John!
You did a good job!! Might want to feather his bangs a little ;-) to avoid the bowl look ;-) You have come a looooooog way (no pun intended) since the days of Michael's poor shorn head...
ReplyDeleteJohn is so sweet! You did a really good job on the hair cut, Emily!
ReplyDeleteLizzy Schatte