Thursday, October 21, 2010

Hay, they are amazing! (Title borrowed from Trina's genius...)

Last weekend the kids put up the last of our hay, all by themselves. Made me think I should stop calling them the kids and start calling them something else... Rosie, John and myself ran the home front and Trina, Leah, Ben, Timothy, and Becca were out in the field. After lunch Becca took my camera out and got these great pictures. I will do my best with the captions.




This is the whole train. I heard it was quite the exciting ride for the people on the back, but they commended Leah's driving skills at the same time so...



They had quite the experience. They got flat tires (two of them).


They fixed the flat tires. (Please note Carry, our awesome ATV who doubles as a minivan on weekdays.)


They hauled hay, with a smile.



They took breaks. Short ones. I think this one was while a tire was being fixed. Maybe I should change this caption to, "They cheered on the pit crew".



They took very unique self-portraits...


They kept their balance. Most of the time.




They drove the tractor. Did I mention that Leah also cut and raked the hay??



They rode the rack. I heard tell that Benjamin was quite the beast, hauling and bucking bales like a pro.

They worked like a team.

They finished. Way to go, you guys!! You are amazing!

2 comments:

  1. I love it!! They have progressed a long way from the "sorry" team we were last(?) year! But that might be because feather bones here who got thrown around by the hay was removed from the team ;-)

    Y'all are amazing... downright awesome and I am so darn stinkin proud.... eeee!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Hillary...I am so darn stinking proud of ya'll!

    ReplyDelete