Friday, February 25, 2011

Little Kid's Afternoon Out

Rebecca is not technically a little kid, but she fit the criteria for this outing. She needed to go to the library, she needed new jeans and she was up for a trip on the town. Rosie and John are little kids, hence their inclusion and the name of the trip.


Rosie and John prayed for our journey before we left. They prayed that the forcasted snow would hold off until we got home, that we would not run into any trees, cars or poles, and that we would have fun. I added a request that we would be able to find all that we were setting out for. God said yes to every one!


John does not really like trying on clothes, but he humored me. It paid off when he got the coolest pants in the world with all the zippers and pockets.


Oh, and while he was walking around so I could see if the pants fit, he got to make faces at the mirror. This never gets old!


Rosie trying on clothes is one of the most entertaining shopping experiences ever. She gives every garment a chance and a complete modeling. Yes, we got this skirt, by the way. It was way too cute to leave behind... :D


Poor little man. And he is just getting started on these types of ventures in life...


In which the team helps Becca decide what shirts to buy. John holds the hangers, Rosie holds the next item, Emily hangs and unhangs clothes and Becca models. I am sure the other customers were being amused by the commentary coming out of our dressing room.


After shopping we went to the library. Becca is doing a research report on Sacagawea for school so while she and I found books Rosie read John stories. There are real benefits to having a sister who can read at a 5th grade level but still loves little kid books.


They were good, so they got snacks. Lots of snacks. And they got to go to the grocery store and see Trina at work. They were so tickled that she checked our groceries. They kept asking, "Is this what you do when you go to work every day?" She gave them all candy...


Rosie showed everyone all her new clothes when she got home. This practice is well ingrained in us girls, we must share the joy of our great finds!


Tada! The new clothes! Well, not the suit jacket, but John decided the world's best pants should have stylish company.

4 comments:

  1. Would have loved to have been in the next dressing room. :)
    So fun they got to see Trina at work! Now they know what "work" she goes off too everyday.
    I looove y'all. :)
    Sarah H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day!!! I wish I was a little kid! You always make everything so much fun. I love you!!!!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess this means I need to come over again so I can see all the new clothing! :D (As if I need an excuse...) Tell the "little" kids hi from me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post was so great! I almost felt like I was there with you all.

    Love you,
    Grammy

    ReplyDelete