Friday, July 8, 2011

The Weeds in the Garden + Us = Conquered

With every thing else going on, the weeds in the garden started to get a little carried away and think they were in charge out there.


This morning we all went out together and taught them a lesson.


Some smaller crops needed to be hand weeded, which Becca faithfully did without complaining. When she was not taking these pictures that is.


Team work...

Those weeds did not stand a chance.


Not with this many hands making light work of them.


Technology has come a long way since I was a kid working in the garden. Benjamin hauled his Bosch box up and played Kansas and Footloose while we worked. Music does wonders for team moral, that is for sure.


I kind of felt a little like a hippie, listening to Kansas and hand weeding my vegetable garden that is bigger than some people's lawns. It was a good feeling.


Rescuing the cucumbers from the evil weeds...


Benjamin took over stopping the pasture from encroaching on our tomato plants. The tomatoes are grateful as am I!



The ultimate score? Weeds- 0 Us-way more weeds than I can count and 1 weeded garden. Good work guys!! You more than earned your ice cream. :)

1 comment:

  1. Emily,
    Such a wonderful post. I love your running commentary that goes with the pictures!
    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete