Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Best of Life With Rosie 2010

In honor of the new year, I decided to post our favorite 10 pictures from the year. Admittedly, Life With Rosie was not started at the beginning of 2010, so there were less than a years worth of pictures to choose from, but that did not make the task any easier. With 17 nominated photos, it was hard to narrow it down. However, here are the top ten complete with things I am thankful for from 2010.


1. I am thankful for all the hard work the kids did on the farm. Making hay, building fence, hoeing weeds, you name it. They are amazing.


2. God's provision of vehicles. The blazer, Alejandro, and Trina's truck. I am also thankful for God's protection of Dad and Benjy when the pickup was totaled.


3. Music.


4. Sunday afternoons. Oh, and agreeable younger siblings who posed for ridiculous pictures.

5. My camera, which enabled Life With Rosie to be an illustrated documentary and gave me a chance to learn a tiny bit about photography.



6. God's constant provision for our daily bread, above and beyond.


7. Spontaneous moments.


8. The gift of God's word. Worth reading in any situation.


9. The ability to spend lots of time outside this summer. (Trina's muscles too...).


10. Dancing. Not only has it kept me in shape, it has given me a great appreciation for people who actually know how to do it.


(Sorry, I tried so hard to narrow it to 10, but I could not).

11. Humor. Laughter does good like a medicine and God had given me at least a teaspoon every day. He always knows when I need it. That brings me to the thing I am most thankful for in 2010, which I have no way of capturing in a picture, God's love and faithfulness to me. It has been a really tough year for me in many respects, and I have cried many tears and asked many questions. Through it all, He has held me close and I feel like I am starting 2011 with a much dearer best friend at my side than ever before. To quote a friend of mine, there are things in this life I will never understand, but I know the One who does understand it all, and I have His book. And I would add, He has my heart. Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. What a good re-cap! My favorite pics are 4, 5, 7, and 11! :D

    ReplyDelete