Friday, September 23, 2011

What I Came Home To

As per my promise in my last blog post, I came home today and grabbed my camera to take pictures of what I came home to. The following is what I saw when I returned from a long day at school.


Leah was pinning her bugs. She has several very cool looking moths, a giant beetle, an overgrown praying mantis and some other random insects that were unfortunate enough to be spotted by the 'bug collection spotting crew', aka, anyone who sees a cool looking bug and then comes to get Leah...

Becca was processing cilantro from the garden. All this cilantro came up 'volunteer', or from seeds that fell off the other plants. She is planning to dry it and throw it into salsa this winter.
I found Rosie and John playing in the sun outside. They were marching and singing when I first got home, and Rosie was giving John a piggy-back by the time I grabbed my camera.


Signs of fall are everywhere, but especially evident in the fields that are rapidly turning brown as the corn and beans dry out. In case you have not noticed from how often I post pictures of it, I love this view.

The guys were working on the tractor, trying to get it back in shape for making the last hay of the season this weekend.


And finally, something that made me grin when I got home was seeing my Dad's totally awesomely hot truck sitting in the driveway. That meant that he was already home from work and I could stop and say hi on my way into the house. And there you have it, there are beautiful views the world around but nothing beats coming home to the people you love.

1 comment:

  1. I love your "What I came home to" posts Emily!
    Your blog is one of my favorites! :) Keep up the good work!
    ~Yap

    ReplyDelete