With student teaching I hardly have time to eat and sleep, much less hang out with family and friends. Last weekend I was able to do both. Michael and Sarah came over to the lake to meet up with Dad and the kids, Katie came along and Samuel and Katherine were up from Texas for a whirlwind tour so they came too.
With so many of my favorite people in one place, I hardly knew what to do with myself.
Caroline enjoyed all the attention. I swear that girl learns 10 new things every time I turn around...
Yes, they always make that face when they are feeding babies...
Dad brought hot dogs and chili and grilled for us. Good food, great people, awesome time.
Deep in listening to a conversation. Or maybe just focusing on root beer.
Catch up time for Leah and Katherine. Such beautiful young ladies both inside and out.
It was a long drive up here, and after being awake driving most of the night Samuel was pretty tired. Understandably...
Grandpa time...
Michael saying something entertaining.
Samuel woke up to a few adoring fans. I did not catch all that Rosie was saying over there but I did hear her singing some lullabies to help Samuel rest in case he was still tired.
Ahh, the power of a zoom, so you can take a picture of people when they don't know you are doing so. My brothers did so well, I have the best sister-in-laws ever and they make my brothers two of the luckiest men I know.
With Katie's time in Nebraska running short, she and I took advantage of the opportunity for an evening checking out midtown and a short tour of downtown. We got our exercise while I was trying to remember where one store was and rewarded ourselves with some of the best ice cream in Omaha at Ted and Wallys. I did not get any homework done but made some good memories and had a lovely day, which I would rather have on my transcript than homework any day.
Memories def > homework!!
ReplyDeletethe last time i saw caroline she didnt have any hair!! now she has a headful of blondie hair!! cute :)
ReplyDelete