Benjamin needed a lawn mower part from a small engine store in a part of town I had never been in before. We looked it up on Google maps and familiarized ourselves with the road names around before we left, which turned out to be a good thing. The shop was on a dinky little frontage road which was rather poorly marked. Leah's eagle eyes spotted the street name we were looking for and we only ended up having to turn around in a parking lot once to find Marv's Small Engine. While Benjamin got the part Leah and I were amused by the other business on the block. There was a car wash staffed by numerous guys in uniform who rapidly dried each car with rags after it was washed by the automatic washer. They worked like an elite team of, um, car driers. I tried to get pictures of their team work, but we were too far away for the camera to get them in action. After watching how fast they could get one car done, I decided maybe we should start a car wash, we have the staff...:D We also discovered the next place Dad should go for a haircut, right next door to both the car wash and the small engine repair...
Benjamin got us girls lunch, what a sweetheart! I told him he was a great trip buddy... We ate at Taco Bell, where you can get the best lunch for your buck, or um, change. We were rather hungry by this time, as you can see from the picture below. 
Next on the agenda was a trip to the mall for some serious shopping. It took a while, but eventually we left with shopping bags victorious! On the way out I happened to see these beautiful umbrellas and had to get a picture for Hillary. The lighting does not do them justice!

Second to the last stop, Walmart! We were all getting a little tired by this point, but not too tired to try out some hats. I am not sure these are really winners in the fashion department, but it was worth a try! Benjamin was such a good sport...:D

And the last stop I was driving so there is no picture, but just imagine a McDonalds drive through and some ice cream and iced coffee and you will get the idea. After a fun day we left the town vermillion and I took the passenger seat again. "Home, James!"
I love the blog and am looking forward to reading it! Sounds like you guys had a fun outing. :)
ReplyDeleteI am with Katie! I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!!! I love you all!
ReplyDeleteMom
Hello Emily! I'm really glad that I found your blog! Now I can keep up with your family news :-)
ReplyDelete(what Leah doesn't tell me) :-)
Be sure to post again soon!
THANK YOU all three for the shopping you did for me during this trip, and with such good attitudes!!! BT
ReplyDelete